Friday, October 17, 2008

Sarah Palin is NOT my favorite but....

I went to a really interesting lecture yesterday about sexism and racism in the 2008 election. Now, I do not like Sarah Palin. I complete disagree with her politics and her positions on almost every issue. However, this really got me thinking about how she is portrayed in the media. Jennifer Pozner, the lecturer, made some great points and showed this clip.



So, here's my issue. How does any of what he is talking about make her a good candidate? He want her to raise the "cubs" and to be "in bed with him". This is somehow supposed to make us all more likely to vote for her. Maybe it's just me, but I can very honestly say that I don't take those sorts of things into consideration when picking my candidate. I especially enjoy when he says "Before you sell a candidate, whether it's a man or a woman, you have to sell her as a woman". Why? When a male candidate is running, do you have to "sell" that he's a man? That's quite the double standard.

I want to hear the issues! I want to know what these candidates will do for all of us! And I definitely do NOT want someone as VP because they "put on a skirt". Make sure you all vote!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com